Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy

Main
Фото: СК

The Investigative Committee has published details of the night-time attack near Smalyavichy. Earlier in the morning, the Interior Ministry press service reported an armed robbery. According to the ministry, three people were injured and three foreign attackers were detained.

“According to the investigation, at around 4 a.m. on February 16, three armed foreign nationals aged 17 to 18 broke into a private house in the agrotown of Budahova by smashing a window. Using physical force, a baseball bat and pistols, they inflicted multiple injuries on the 63-year-old homeowner, his 65-year-old wife and his 67-year-old brother,” the Investigative Committee said.

The house was equipped with an alarm button linked to the Interior Ministry’s Department of Protection. The homeowner managed to press it before the window was broken. Officers of the Department of Protection arrived at the scene and detained the attackers.

The injured individuals were hospitalised. The severity of their injuries is being determined, and their lives are not in danger.

According to the State Committee of Forensic Examinations, the incident occurred in the village of Budahova. The attackers were armed with a bat and two traumatic pistols.

No information has yet been reported about the motives of the attackers.

Update

The Interior Ministry released details of the interrogation of the detainees. It emerged that they found the contract via Telegram.

“During a conversation with Interior Minister Ivan Kubrakou, the detainees said they had received an offer for criminal ‘side work’ on Telegram. The foreign nationals were instructed to arrive in the agrotown of Budahova in the Smalyavichy District, locate the victim’s house, beat the man and send a video report to the client. They were promised 300,000 rubles for completing the task.

The three young men aged 17 and 18 arrived in Minsk, having armed themselves in advance with a knife, a knuckle-duster, a bat, pistols and a gas spray, took a car-sharing vehicle and headed out to carry out the assignment,” the statement said.

Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy

Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy Investigative Committee and Interior Ministry Reveal Details of Armed Robbery Near Smalyavichy

 

🔥 Support Reform.news with a donation!
REFORM.news (formerly REFORM.by)
Add a comment

Attention, pre-moderation. If you are in Belarus, do not leave a comment without VPN enabled.

Latest news